Membership of Centurion Running Club is open to all abilities, on completion of an online application form and subject to acceptance by the Club Committee.
Membership (first time joiners and renewals) runs from April to March. You can join at any time but whenever you join, your membership will need renewing at the end of March. Please read our FAQs on membership below.
Where do we meet?
We meet just outside the North Solihull Sports Centre which is located in Conway Rd, Fordbridge, Birmingham, B37 5LA. You can’t miss us!
When do we meet?
Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Runs start at 6.30pm for the Intermediate Group so we aim meet 15 minutes prior to the run start time.
Can I run with you before I decide to join?
Yes, you can try us for free for 1 month.
Is my level of running good enough to run with the club?
The club caters for all ability levels. Just get in touch with our Club Secretary at email@example.com to enquire what the best group for you to try out.
What runs does the club offer?
Tuesday and Thursday Evenings at 6.30pm:
If you are able to run at least 4 miles, you are more than welcome to join our main group. We do some speed work sessions on Tuesdays whether it is a running track session, hill or internal training, fartlek session, etc… Thursdays are for our steady runs. We run sessions for different abilities. Don’t worry our Run Leaders always ensure we don’t leave anybody behind.
Visit our Training Diary to find out more.
Saturday: Our members take part in the local Parkruns whether it is Babbs Mill, Brueton Park, Kingsbury Water Park or Oaklands…
Sunday Runs: We are traditionally for longer runs, it offers us a chance to run out further, often from Coleshill, or even further afield like Cannock Chase or Lickey Hills.
If I join the club mid-year, do I need to pay the full membership fees?
The Club membership year runs from April 1st – March 31st of the following year. Membership fees are due April 1st each year.
We also offer 50% off to new members who join us in October, November and December.
All brand new members (athletes who have never been registered competitively with any club before) who are registered between Jan-March 2024 expiry date will be registered with England Athletics until 31st March 2025
What type of Memberships do you offer?
- Senior Member - £39*: Senior Members are any members above the age of 18 who are interested in competing for the Centurion Running Club. This membership includes the £16 registration with England Athletics.
- Concessions - £30*: Concession membership has the same benefits as Senior Membership but offers discounts for members with P45’s, over 65+ members and students over 17+.
- Couples - £69*: The Couples membership offers the same benefits as Senior Membership for couples living together
- Associate Member - £5: Associate Members are those members of any age who hold full membership, wishing to contribute to the life and aims of the Club but who do not wish to partake of the physical training aspect of the Centurion Running Club and don’t want to compete.
- Second Claim Club Member - £17
* A late penalty fee will be incurred for renewals after the 1st April (£5 for Seniors, £3 for Concessions, £7 for Couples)
Who should I contact?
You can contact the Membership Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you an affiliated club?
Yes, we are affiliated to England Athletics and membership includes a United Kingdom Athletics (UKA) competition licence which entitles you to discounts on most races within the UK. Your Centurion R membership (apart from the Associate membership) includes the £17 registration with England Athletics.
What are the benefits of getting a Centurion RC membership?
- Running in a supportive, friendly and motivational environment
- Access to qualified coaches and coaching
- Structured training with a full training schedule and organised sessions
- FREE track access on Tuesdays - every week - with orgainsed sessions most weeks
- Annual club championship series
- Discounted race entries as an EA registered athlete
- Free entry for some Cross Country and Road Relay races for the Club (see the Club Handbook for me details)
- Club social events: Awards Evening, Pub Runs, brewery tours, etc…
- London Marathon club ballot place
- All training and racing is covered by governing body insurance
- Proudly wearing our Club training kit and race vests
- Many local running shops are offering discounts for our Club members.
- Dan’s sports massage at discounted rates for Club members